Re: Landing team 14.05.14

On 05/14/2014 01:01 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> So! We promoted image #28 today! After getting word about cellular being
> broken in #26, we realized that the problem was in a now 'required'
> package missing from the image. After adding it to the seed we built,
> tested and promoted #28 o/ Enjoy.
>
> What does #28 have to offer?
> - New unity8 with increased performance of scopes
> - Multithreaded word-prediction and tweaked haptic feedback for the OSK
> - New Ubuntu UI Toolkit with improvements and fixes
> - All necessary elements for 'flight mode' (no UI for that though)
>
> Some of the problems outlined below have been fixed and therefore got
> removed from our list.
>
> In the going-green front - we're slowly getting better in this regard.
> The number of failures in clock app decreased heavily, leaving 1 failure
> to be fixed. Sadly, a new failure appeared in dialer-app - but it is now
> being looked at by Bill's team.
this failure is gone in image 31 today and boiko can't reproduce, but
we'll continue to monitor it

> We might think about putting a bit more pressure now on getting mako
> green in smoketesting. So please ready yourself for a lot of pings
> related to failing autopilot tests! Also, please try to prioritize a bit
> more autopilot test failures as well - in the end, it are these tests
> that make sure everything works as expected.
>

> * Known issues:
> ** indicator-message is not always showing new message notifications (Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telephony-service/+bug/1318724
We have a branch up for review and hope to get fix landed today. The
problem was related to changes in signals made in media-hub so it now
behaves differently, as well as the service not recovering correctly.

Tiago please file realted media-hub bug (if you haven't already)

> * Issues not impacting user experience:
> ** qtubuntu crash causing the dialer app to crash (only during tests) (Bill)
> The idea is to first land:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~gerboland/unity-mir/fix-upstart-closed-apps2
> Then, landing;
> https://code.launchpad.net/~boiko/dialer-app/autopilot_upstart <- this
> is still under progress
>  -> Still waiting for this to move forward o/
>
> ** Clock flaky test (Julien, Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1307458
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1314533
>  -> Partially fixed! We went down to 1 failure - seems to be another
> UITK regression, being looked and coordinated
>
> ** Weather-app constant flakyness
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-weather-app/+bug/1318676
>
> ** Gallery app test failure (Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1318596
We've been investigating this. Seems to uncovered a legitimate bug where
adding photos to existing albums is not working correctly:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gallery-app/+bug/1319927

working on a fix