Re: Video decoding problem

See my comments inline below:

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 3:13 AM, <zhangchao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have puted Ubuntu Touch 14.04 port to a Android device,and it already
> can play audio.
> But I have a problem when play video : video only display black but with
> audio works fine.
> The video file can be played normally by use SurfaceFlinger and "codec -p"
> (codec is a tool in libhybris).
> When I play video by use mir and mediaplayer-app, the log is very
> simple,only the following lines:
>
> V/SurfaceTextureClientHybris( 4230): void*
> surface_texture_client_create_by_id(unsigned int)
> V/SurfaceTextureClientHybris( 4230):
> _SurfaceTextureClientHybris::_SurfaceTextureClientHybris()
> D/SurfaceTextureClientHybris( 4230): stch: 0x1f301f0 (void*
> surface_texture_client_create_by_id(unsigned int))
> V/SurfaceTextureClientHybris( 4230): void
> set_surface(_SurfaceTextureClientHybris*, const
> android::sp<android::SurfaceTexture>&)
> V/SurfaceTextureClientHybris( 4230): void
> set_surface(_SurfaceTextureClientHybris*, const
> android::sp<android::SurfaceTexture>&)
> V/SurfaceTextureClientHybris( 4230): void
> surface_texture_client_set_hardware_rendering(SurfaceTextureClientHybris,
> uint8_t)

Can you try again but this time do the following and reply back with the
logcat output attached:

adb shell
sudo apparmor_parser -R /etc/apparmor.d/usr.bin.media-hub-server
restart media-hub-server
/system/bin/logcat

> I think the android video decoding library not be call. so,I want to know
>  what is the workflow of touch 14.04 play video(use mir),and how can I
> debug it ?

This is how we can start to debug it. I really need to see the output of
logcat to be able to first start to determine what the issue might be.

> Any help will be wellcome :)
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Ubuntu Kylin  Team Zhangchao