Re: Landing team 20.05.14

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
<lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> Still no promotions today, sadly. We still have no solid hints on the
> WiFi issue, and we also found 2 other big regressions that appeared
> since last promotion. So, our current 'blockers':
>
> * No contacts shown in dialer or messaging apps
> - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/messaging-app/+bug/1321211
> # The problem seems to come from the last qtpim landing, the fix for
> that is ready in a silo

Could someone check the qtpim testplan used during landing and close
this testing gap?

Depending in what state that testplan is it might be worth also
scheduling a full QA review to ensure we have a good story covering
all the main basics here.

> * After flashing, wifi network defaults to off
> - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-network/+bug/1320780
> # Still investigated... Mathieu is on it

Is Antii also on this one too or do we know now that this is a NM
issue and not something caused by indicator etc.?

> * ABI break in content-hub causing issues with gallery-app
> # Ken said that a fix is incoming - we will revert the big landing if
> that does not happen soon

Hmm. How could we have noticed during silo testing? Do we need to
improve the landing testplan for content-hub or something else?

> We had image #39 built, which had a new click scope, new hybris and the
> new qtpim upload. We kicked the build of #40 just now, with a new unity8
> and other lovely additions.
>
> As a note, if we won't be in a promotable state till the end of tomorrow
> we might have to switch to the so-called TRAINCON-0. This would
> basically mean that all big landings will require QA sign-off before
> landing.
> Let's work hard together to get things unblocked and an image promoted
> and avoid that if we can!

+1 on trying to avoid this.