Re: Develpers Heads Up !!! serious issues with our session startup

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 20.05.2014, 15:50 -0700 schrieb Robert Park:
> Hey ogra,
>
> Sorry I meant to reply to this sooner. Do you know if Friends is
> impacted by this? I know Friends does download a bunch of data and
> caches it in the home directory upon startup, however I think it might
> slip under the radar here because it doesn't actually autostart on
> login (yet...).
>
> Let me know if I need to do anything specific with Friends here, thanks.

replying in public since i think other app devs might be interested in
that as well ...

the first and foremost target of this move is to bring up enough of the
session to be able to tell the user his disk is full and needs room made
and also to make sure he/she can still make emergency calls ...

that said, apps should not crash hard but fail gracefully if they can
not write to their config dirs in the users home, so that you do not end
up with a ton of crash reports just because the home dir was 100%
full ... I consider this part a nice to have thing though as long as an
app does not prevent the session itself from starting.

ciao
	oli