porting to TF201

Hi All,
I'm having trouble with the rootfs part of the port.  Based on the error
message below I can't tell if there is a problem with the system image that
I compiled or the recovery image or the rootfs.

tw@dbuilder:~/ubuntouch/system/out/target/product/tf201/project-rootstock-ng$
sudo ./rootstock-touch-install ../utopic-preinstalled-touch-armhf.tar.gz
../system.img
transfering rootfs tarball ... [done]
preparing system-image on device ... [done]
unpacking rootfs tarball to system-image ... error: protocol fault (no
status)
error: device not found

the device not found error happens because the device reboots immediately
after the first error.  I'm trying to figure out why unpacking the rootfs
tarball to system-image step fails.  I know I'm using a generic rootfs but
I figured it should still boot and some hardware not work rather than it
failing at the rootstock install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Taylor