Re: Developer heads up ... change in ssh handling on the phone

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:51 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> hi,
>
> As we are nearing our first actual release in the second half of the
> year we are slowly changing the convenient developer setup of
> "everything open and everything hackable" to more secure
> configurations ... as a first step today the sshd config on the image
> was switched to not accept password logins anymore.
>
> If you have a tool, script or just conveniently prefer to log in via ssh
> instead of using adb because the shell is better, please create a key
> now (i.e. following the docs on help.ubuntu.com) and copy it into the
> previously created /home/phablet/.ssh directory to log in via a ssh
> connection.

Robert Park actually has something in the moves for this, I do have my
personal comments in there, but it should solve the issue for most to just
download the script from there as is as an intermediate step:
https://code.launchpad.net/~robru/phablet-tools/phablet-shell/+merge/219266