Re: Porting to X86 KitKat 4.4.2

On 05/22/2014 07:48 PM, Lewis Donofrio wrote:
> Anyone???
>
> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Lewis Donofrio
> <lewis.donofrio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> K so what next steps do I take to get Touch installed on my android
>> 4.4.2 x86 install....
Use-case
--------
someone has an x86-based phone and wants to have x86-based Ubuntu Touch
on it.  i.e. Lenovo K900(Intel x86 Atom-based)
x86-based Android requires:
-x86-MultiRom manager Android app(not emulator).
-x86-based Ubuntu Touch image(not emulator).
I suspect these don't exist based on the discussion in this thread.
But that was never the intended first supported target for Ubuntu Touch.
 It has always been mako(Google's LG Nexus 4).

The full-blown Desktop Ubuntu GNU/Linux is intended for x86.  I do
believe there has been an assumption all mobile devices would be
arm-based.  The hardware scene is changing however.  Is there touch api
support built within the desktop x86 versions of Ubuntu GNU/Linux?

use-case
--------
someone has an arm-based phone and wants to have arm-based ubuntu touch
on it. i.e. Lenovo K910(Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 ARM-based) or LG NEXUS
4(mako)
ARM-based Android requires:
-ARM-MultiRom manager app. DONE.
-ARM-based Ubuntu Touch image. DONE.