Re: split() method failure with Qt5.3

On 05/26/2014 10:24 AM, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
On Sunday 25 May 2014 13:36:56 Zoltán Balogh wrote:
Hi,

During the Qt5.3 migration work we  realized that the split() methods
terminates the process it is used in when the separator is a regular
expression.
Hi, I just tried the attached main.qml in qmlscene and it's working fine under
5.3 beta2 ppa packages. Is that because i didn't understand the problem or did
the issue get fixed meanwhile?

Cheers,
   Albert
Sorry, I was a bit too brief. The issue is exclusive on armhf: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39255

It only causes problem when you use the split with a regular expression. So 'what ever'.split(" ") will do the job but if you try to use split(/\s+/) then it dumps core. Additional fun, that it malfunctions only when the regexp matches.

Odd problem. The lucky part is that it happens only with the split. So all other string methods are working well. So I simple suggest to use match() method or whatever what does the same job.

cheers,