Landing team 27.05.14

Hi everyone!

Good news! We had a promotion happening today: image #50 has been
released to the stable channel. It's not a perfect image, but both
smoketesting and dogfooding gave good enough results and the decision
has been made. We're still discussing a possible more strict policy on
image promotions, but for now we're trying to keep velocity.

The decision to promote #50 was also made because we will land a few big
things in the nearest days, e.g. the big 'splitting out greeter out of
unity8'. It's good to have a promoted image before that as a safe bet in
case something goes terribly wrong.

I'm also working on a script that generates something in the likes of
commit-logs for images we are building during the day. Those logs list
all packages that have landed in the image with information about from
what CI Train landing they come from and what was the person driving the
landing. This might be useful when trying to identify possible sources
of regressions. The script is still highly experimental, so there might
be some bugs in the commit-logs it generates. I will move it to a better
place as well soon.

We're getting greener and greener, but let's remember our goal - a green
image at the end of the week o/

A quick note: as Robert is in Malta with us right now, this week we have
no solid coverage for the US timezone. We apologize for that, we'll try
to get everything landed as soon as possible in the UTC morning.

Thanks!

So, todays batch of landing information:

* Links to experimental commit-logs of recent images:
#50 - http://sil2100.vexillium.org/landing-team/50.commitlog
#51 - http://sil2100.vexillium.org/landing-team/51.commitlog

* Link to the smoketesting board:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

* Known issues:

** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Bisecting and problem identification in progress

** Clicking on the checkbox to disconnect from an ap sometimes
disconnects but always leaves the box checked (Antti)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-network/+bug/1322490
 -> Seems like this is actually a design decision!

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** High CPU usage observed across EDS and indicator-datetime causing
clock app tests to fail
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-datetime/+bug/1321775
 -> Calendar app trunk seems to have the fix, but no new version
released yet - Thomi mentioned some brokeness when running tests as a
click package

** RSS Reader test failures (Nicholas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1318700
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1321680
 -> Recent comments mention that the trunk rssreader has the tests
failures worked-around, trying to release latest click

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Seems to be a bug in the application itself, informed upstream
developer by e-mail

** Terminal app issues with responsiveness and usability
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1322529
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1322527
 -> Alan started doing some bisecting, we need someone looking into
these problems

Cheers!

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak