Landing team 28.05.14

Hi everyone,

No image promotions today. We had #52 built today (link to the commit
log can be seen below) - as you can see it includes a new unity8 with
fixes, new ubuntu-download-manager and added HTML5 application support
to enable the use of our download manager.

Image #52 looked rather nice dogfooding wise (although some new issues
have been spotted) so we *might* promote #53 - this image should no
longer have the shorts-app test failures as a new version has landed in
the store. Remaining issues are also being actively looked into.

>From other news: the commitlog generation has everything ready to become
co automated. There are some problems in finding the right place where
the commit logs should be placed, so the host might change. Enjoy!
Please use the commit log to get a better idea on what landed in an
image or when you need to find some information on what could have
caused some problems you are encountering.

A busy day here in Malta, so let's just move on to our every-day list:

* Links to auto-generated commit-logs of recent images:
(Host might change in the nearest time)
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/52.commitlog

* Link to the smoketesting board:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

* Known issues:

** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Bisecting and problem identification in progress - camera app might
be rewritten soon

** MMS messages are not being received (Sergio)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/messaging-app/+bug/1324182

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** High CPU usage observed across EDS and indicator-datetime causing
clock app tests to fail
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-datetime/+bug/1321775
 -> Calendar app trunk seems to have the fix, but no new version
released yet - Thomi mentioned some brokeness when running tests as a
click package, no progress here

** RSS Reader test failures (Nicholas)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rssreader-app/+bug/1318700
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1321680
 -> Image #53 should have this worked-around

** File manager flaky test (Julien)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
 -> Possible bug identified, looking for someone who could dig into
deeper and propose a fix

** Terminal app issues with responsiveness and usability
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1322529
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-terminal-app/+bug/1322527
 -> Fix for some of the issues have been committed to UITK trunk!

Cheers!

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx