Re: trying to find the right package for the Nexus 4 earpiece bug

* Selene Scriven <selene.scriven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Omer Akram <omer.akram@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The max sound level in the Nexus 4 earpiece is too high that
> > anyone sitting in the same room can listen everything clearly.
> > Even it feels the earpiece may even burst.
> >
> > That is not a problem when I  am using android on my phone.
> > Could anyone tell me which package should I report a bug for
> > that and if possible also direct who is the right person to
> > talk to about this issue ?

Hmm.  Actually, I tried this on my Android phone and my Nexus 4
mako running utopic image 53.  The Android phone actually played
louder through the same headphones.

I normally use some noise isolation style earbuds with a built-in
attenuator.  This style of headphone normally requires turning
the volume almost all the way down, since it needs only a small
amount of current to sound very very loud...  but at the lowest
software volume levels, the signal-to-noise ratio is terrible, so
it sounds better to turn it up in software then use an analog
attenuator.

On a mako, I was able to turn both soft and hard volume levels
all the way up without making my ears hurt, which I can't really
say for any other device I've tried these earphones on.

So...  the volume levels don't seem too high to me.

-- Selene