Re: Image #57 Unity8 issue

hi,
Am Samstag, den 31.05.2014, 14:39 +0100 schrieb Alan Pope:
> I just updated my flo (nexus 7 2013) to #57 which was generated this
> morning. I get no UI on boot and see apport running and a unity8 crash
> in /var/crash.
>
> I'm also seeing this in the /home/phablet/.cache/upstart/unity8.log
> which may or may not be related?
>
> WARNING: QApplication was not created in the main() thread.
> [libprotobuf ERROR google/protobuf/descriptor_database.cc:57] File
> already exists in database: unityrpc.proto
> [libprotobuf FATAL google/protobuf/descriptor.cc:954] CHECK failed:
> generated_database_->Add(encoded_file_descriptor, size):
> 'google::protobuf::FatalException'
>   what():  CHECK failed:
> generated_database_->Add(encoded_file_descriptor, size):
>
> Are others seeing this? If so people might want to hold back on
> updating if they're using the proposed channel.

ugh ... seems unity8 got stuck somewhere in the process and due to many
of us getting stuck and into massive travel probs (delays, re routing of
flight connections etc) when trying to leave malta [1], nobody looked at
it yet .... the package seems to have migrated now and I just triggered
a new image build. image #59 should have the full set of packages for
the new greeter (and boot animation) and should be around within the
next 2h ...

sorry for the inconvenience ...

ciao
	oli