Re: Landing team 02.06.14

On 06/02/2014 02:03 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> As per our earlier announcement we had a strange emergency situation
> today. Late Friday the landing of the split greeter has landed (which
> caused even problems during the weekend due to a block in -proposed),
> and this caused false-positive test result failures in all application
> tests on the smoketesting infrastructure. Since we were practically
> blind because of this, we decided to enter TRAINCON-0. We will exit from
> this mode once we get reliable test results back.
>
> The problem has been identified and fixed - the cause seemed to be in
> the newly introduced dbus-x11 dependency. A new image with the
> dependency removed is building. Once we get additional confirmation from
> the smoketesting that our issues are fixed we will resume normal landings.
> Once this happens, we will send out a message to this mailing list.
>
> From the user point of view images #59 and #60 work normally, so no
> worries. Those include the new unity8 with the greeter working now
> separately of unity8.
I found and filed 3 more regression bugs related to split greeter:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1325702
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1325695
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity8/+bug/1325696

What test plan did we run to verify this silo before landing it? These
and the others that I reported are pretty serious regressions that
should have been tested and caught before this landed. I'd say for
starters that all the telephony related test plans need to be run (and
amended to add all of the cases these bugs caught).