Re: split() method failure with Qt5.3

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM, Olivier Tilloy
<olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So until it’s properly fixed upstream, I resorted to workarounds in
> webbrowser-app. I used String.match() instead of String.split() as suggested
> by Zoltán, and I wrote a custom implementation of String.replace().

Great work(arounds)!

For those interested, I've now managed to build Qt Declarative stable
branch snapshot (to be 5.3.1) against otherwise 5.3.0, but it does not
change this specific issue. But it might have other fixes. So if you
want to know whether some problem is fixed in near-5.3.1 Qt
Declarative, follow the usual instructions inn the description of the
https://launchpad.net/~canonical-qt5-edgers/+archive/qt5-beta2 page,
but in addition to the landing-005 PPA add also:
ppa:canonical-qt5-edgers/qt5-proper

I needed to backport two qtbase patches and force Qt Declarative's
version parameter but it works now. So far I haven't seen any of our
issues solved by that as such, so all bugs at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/+bugs?field.tag=qt5.3 remain valid.

-Timo