Re: Webapp developers - Container switch to using Oxide *only*

Le 30/05/2014 14:49, David Barth a écrit :
This is a heads up for Webapp developers.

We would like to switch all webapps to the Oxide runtime. as soon as possible.

The webapp-container has switched to Oxide for a few months and the feedback is generally very good. Oxide is performing much better, with a score close to 500 on the html5test scale.

We have kept some backward compatibility support up until now: if your webapp declares using the 13.10 framework, you are still using the old QtWebkit engine.

We will stop supporting the old code path as soon as the next Qt build is uploaded in the image. Most, if not all webapps should continue to work unchanged, if not better.
More on to this thread, and as a heads up for everyone.

We can't make Oxide the only supported runtime just now. The 13.10 framework can't easily support Oxide, which was only introduced in 14.04.

So instead we'll keep that support for a few more weeks.

However, I now have the names of the webapps that need an upgrade. See http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/7595794/

Please consider using the new webview policy group in 14.04.

Thank you

David