Re: Landing team 09.06.14

Hi Leo, Brendan!

On 10.06.2014 05:18, Leo Arias wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Leo Arias <leo.arias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <
>> lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> ** File manager flaky test (Julien)
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1316677
>>> [Time counter: 4/7]
>>>  -> The null error has been supposedly fixed in trunk, but there are
>>> still test failures happening - looking for re-intervention
>>>

>> I'm looking at this one now.
>>

> The errors on file manager don't seem related to the one already fixed.
>
> filemanager: test_go_to_root
> bug http://pad.lv/1235060 - Failed to open the toolbar. This has been
> opened for a long time. It's hard to reproduce, and hard to fix. For now
> I'm just going to keep track of the number of times that it fails.
>
> filemanager: test_open_directory
> bug http://pad.lv/1256856 - I'm not able to reproduce it, but it has failed
> before with the same trace. I'll leave my phone all night running this test.
>
> In general, the file manager tests can be improved. They are full of
> workarounds, and the files are too big.
> I've started cleaning them up here:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~elopio/ubuntu-filemanager-app/clean_places_tests/+merge/222583
>
> Who's the filemanager developer? I would like to work with him improving
> the tests.
>
> pura vida.

Thanks for picking up the autopilot failure analysis, will add those
bugs to todays e-mail. I stayed with that one filemanager bug instead of
filling out new ones since it wasn't mentioned in the bug that these are
unrelated (as the bug was re-opened).

As per [1], I think it's best contacting Carlos Jose Mazieri or Michael
Spencer for filemanager. Those are the currently most frequent
contributors there.

Brendan: as for the tz failures. Those happened last week as well if I
remember correctly, just we had many re-runs happening due to the
overall breakages in smoketesting. That's why I didn't remove it from
the list. But it's really hard to find real evidence now...
Let's see if it will happen again this week, and we'll remove it then if
it doesn't.

Best regards,

--
 www.canonical.com