Bad voice call quality on Nexus 4 (old modem firmware)

Hey,

During Malta I was finally able to debug the bad voice call quality
that affected some people when using Ubuntu Touch on Nexus 4.

It turns out that the issue seems to happen when the modem firmware
from Android 4.3 is used, and it got fixed after I manually upgraded
the firmware using the blobs from the Android 4.4 image.

So for anyone having voice call quality issues, make sure you're also
using the latest modem firmware from Android. You can check the
version you got by doing the following:

1 - Reboot into bootloader: 'adb reboot bootloader' or hold volume down + power.
2 - Check the version id for the bootloader and baseband entries:
Bootloader version: makoz30d
Baseband version: m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.98

If you have an older version, that means your bootloader and firmware
are originally from an older Android base version.

To update to the 4.4.2 based one:
1 - Download and unpack
https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/occam-kot49h-factory-02e344de.tgz
2 - Reboot into bootloader
3 - Flash both the bootloader and the modem firmware:
$ fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-mako-makoz30d.img
$ fastboot reboot-bootloader
$ fastboot flash radio radio-mako-m9615a-cefwmazm-2.0.1700.98.img
$ fastboot reboot

Unfortunately we're unable to automatically push such updates to our
users as we're not able to distribute such binaries, so that's why you
need to manually update them.

Let me know if you have any issue when flashing such files, or if the
voice call quality issue is still around even after updating the modem
firmware.

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo