Re: Unity8 & Mir updates June 12, 2014

For improved deterministic blocking, we actually were allowing the full
compositor to run (unecessarily) when the screen was off. whereas this
change effectively allows the client to continue to render, but the
compositor doesn't run (in effect dropping the frame)...if you'll remember
apps keep rendering just a bit after the screen goes off with Qt5.2, this
is b/c we stopped "blocking indefinitely" but there is a bit of a race
between the screen turning off & either the side channel (qt's window
exposeEvent) communication being acted upon by the app or the app life
cycle mechanism kicking in to halt the render.

As for the visibility i/f addition, its actually related to the Qt5.2 side
channel communication. We want to add an event to cleanly propagate when a
surface looses visibility, whether its occluded (e.g. "pushed back" in the
app stack ubuntu phone) or the screen has turned off.