Re: Cellular Fail

Am 13.06.2014 10:03, schrieb Alfonso Sanchez-Beato:

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Fabian Herb <fabian@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fabian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 08 Jun 2014, at 14:57, Riccardo Padovani
    <riccardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:riccardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    > On Sun, Jun 08, 2014 at 01:16:12PM +0200, Alfonso Sanchez-Beato
    wrote:
    >>> With no real knowledge of the system, my first guess is that
    something
    >>> has failed to run the cellular stuff entirely, perhaps failing to
    >>> initialise the gsm modem?
    >>
    >> This was an issue that appeared intermittently due to a bug in
    urfkill.
    >> Utopic image #71 should solve this.
    >
    > Just to confirm that on image #73 all seems work fine.

    I upgraded to #79 now and the problem persists. Is there a bug
    report for this? If not, where would it fit?

    Regards,
    Fabian

Please take a look to file

/var/lib/urfkill/saved-states

and check for

[WWAN]
soft=true

If that is the case, it is bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627. Otherwise please file a new bug.
Yes, I have soft=true there. Thanks a lot! I will try the hints from that report later.

Regards,
Fabian