Re: Server Scopes and Push notifications update Jun 12, 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM, John Lenton <john.lenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 13 June 2014 13:50, Alejandro J. Cura <alejandro.cura@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Still, this looks like giving much too flexibility on what to show and
>> how to annoy the user (sound, haptic feedback!) to apps we don't
>> trust.
>> Do we have clear use cases for this added flexibility?
>
> the helper receives the push message and, based on that, requests a
> notification be presented to the user (or not). Whether we do or not
> is based on policy (via the notification settings) and such. The
> helper doesn't do the presenting.

Yes, that's very clear in Thomas' explanation.
But I still don't understand what problem the added complexity is solving.

What I was asking for is if we have use cases like:
"Bob wants to get a sound for mail in his Inbox folder, but wants
haptic for Spam"

(ted is telling me a few on irc; I think I'm happy now)

cheers,
--
alecu