Landing team 13.06.14

Hi everyone!

It's Friday 13th today but so far our Landing team seems unaffected.
Many big things landed and we don't see the world breaking, which is
generally a good sign. First #80 had platform-api v2 released, then #81
included the revert of the split greeter. This means that from now on we
are back to the greeter screen being part of unity8 - so most of the
indicator issues are now gone. We were also really happy of the
platform-api landing - it was the first such big release involving so
many components which didn't cause any trouble after hitting the image.
Good work Ricardo!

Still no promotions today, but soon we might consider one! #81 looks
good dogfooding and smoketesting wise, with the only promotion blocker
being the filemanager test issues we mentioned yesterday. There has been
lot debugging and investigation going on and I feel the guys are getting
close to finding the main culprit here. We even have a newly filled bug
that's actually tracking the main cause of those failures [1].

If there the filemanager cause will be identified properly (or at least
with some context), I guess we can take down the blocker tag from this
issue and promote. Let's hope that happens soon! Targeted date of
promoting a new image: Monday.

Just please remember that QA is here to help debug autopilot issues, but
the very bugfixing in most cases has to be done by the developers
themselves.

Our standard list:

* Package changes:
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/81.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/80.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#81 Mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/81:20140613.1:20140530/8558/
#80 Mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/80:20140613:20140530/8547/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Known issues:

** Pictures taken with flash are almost completely black (Bill)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/camera-app/+bug/1322121
 -> Camera-app might be rewritten soon

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
blocker as it is with us already since some time

* Issues not impacting user experience
(will become blockers if not fixed after a while):

** File manager test problems
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1256856
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1329818
[PROMOTION BLOCKER] [Time counter: 8/7]
 -> Work in progress - new bug has been filled with a probable cause of
the test failing, QA is investigating. We need some developer assigned
to this one! Alan will conduct experiments with this during the weekend,
updating the bug

** Address-book-app autopilot failures (Julien, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/address-book-app/+bug/1328158
[Time counter: 5/7]
 -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
autopilot problem. Still no movement here - can we get someone looking
at this?

** Autopilot failures in webbrowser-app during smoketesting runs since
image #72 (Julien, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1328605
https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1328867
[Time counter 4/7]
 -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
autopilot problem. With each image a different test is failing...
Happened again, a different test failure. Correlation: wrong input in
input field.

** test_add_recurring_type_alarm_must_add_to_alarm_list(weekday) failed
on mako, utopic#75 (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-clock-app/+bug/1328209
[Time counter 4/7]
 -> Leo has this on his radar - not reproducible locally

** test_fake_home_fixture_must_copy_xauthority fails to create file on
mako (Leo, QA)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1326072
[Time counter 2/7]
 -> Fix commited, waiting for release in a silo. The silo still requires
some love regarding other things inside. Counting time on this one as
the silo is hanging for too long...

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 4/7]
 -> As updated by Antti, this is a troublesome crash - but being worked
on. Still no update here... sometimes we get even 3-4 crashes.

** qmlscene crashed while running test_can_launch_multiple_applications
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-app-launch/+bug/1329141
[Time counter 1/7]

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,