Re: Simple mass-change: Mark universe packages for langpacks, please include in your next MP

On Fri, 2014-06-13 at 17:56 +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 03:38:58PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > […]
> > Due to the CI train I can't just upload these or stage these in
> > lp:<project>, but we need MPs and verification, etc. As this won't
> > change anything at runtime it hardly makes sense to go through all
> > this fuss just for this change alone.
>
> IMHO you could upload for these. At the next train upload people will
> notice and then it will be trivial to sync the change back in.

It's actually quite annoying to have changes pushed directly to the
archive for the things I manage that are in CI train. It means someone
is probably then also going to manually commit the change to trunk, and
sometimes the wrong version is used for the upload, or conflicts get
introduced. So I certainly prefer for things not to be uploaded direct
to the archive, but instead go through the standard MP and CI process
that all the changes we devs make must go through.