Extra desktop files in application directory

Hello folks,

Last week we had an image or two where the desktop hook in the Click
package was running instead of the one in Ubuntu App Launch. The symptom
at the time was that packages couldn't be uninstalled. That is fixed in
the current images and all promoted images.

One lingering result of that bug is that UAL doesn't clean up the
desktop files that the Click desktop hook created, so some people who
installed those images are seeing duplicate desktop files for some
applications with older version numbers. This can manifest as extra
items in the launcher or other undefined behavior. If this is happening
to you the easiest fix is just to rebuild the application cache.

  $ rm -rf ~/.local/share/applications
  $ /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/ubuntu-app-launch/desktop-hook

Again, it isn't something you need to go out and do for fun. You could,
but it would make me worried about your sense of fun. If you are seeing
applications launchers that aren't working, this should get you back
into shape.

Ted