Re: Landing team 16.06.14

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <
lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> channel today! Image #83 passed both our dogfooding and smoketesting
> criteria. It includes the revert of the split greeter, moving the
> feature back to Unity8's territory. This should decrease the memory-load
> of your Ubuntu Touch back to the previous footprint. #83 also includes
> the new platform-api v2 and upgrades to some of our core apps - enjoy!
>
> We also built image #84 today which includes the new, touch-only
> language packs instead of the desktop ones. It seems we gained around 40
> MB of disk space this way \o/
>
> In the meantime: upstreams, please mind the list! The counters are ticking!
>

> * What landed in our images:
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/84.commitlog
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/83.commitlog
> - http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/82.commitlog
>

> * Smoke-testing results:
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

> -
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/84:20140616.1:20140530/8575/
> -
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/83:20140616:20140530/8570/
> -
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/82:20140614:20140530/8561/
>

> * Some useful documentation:
> (Still under development)
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ
>

> * Known issues:
>

> ** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
>  -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
> blocker as it is with us already since some time
>

> * Issues not impacting user experience
> (will become blockers if not fixed after a while):
>
> ** File manager test problems
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1256856
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-filemanager-app/+bug/1329818
> [Whitelisted for now]
>  -> Work in progress... cause still unknown.
>
> ** Address-book-app autopilot failures (Bill)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/address-book-app/+bug/1328158
> [Time counter: 6/7]
>  -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
> autopilot problem. Still no movement here - can we get someone looking
> at this? The address-book-app landing that's prepared might fix the
> issue though...
>
> ** Autopilot failures in webbrowser-app during smoketesting runs since
> image #72 (Olivier)
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1328605
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1328867
> [Time counter 5/7]
>  -> Test failures non-reproducible locally so it seems to be an
> autopilot problem. With each image a different test is failing...
> Happened again, a different test failure. Correlation: wrong input in

That’s the typical autopilot heisenfailure that’s really hard to debug as
it can’t be reproduced locally (several persons have tried multiple times)
and the logs we have from the smoke test runs don’t reveal much on what
could have gone wrong.

The wrong input is only one symptom of several other types of failures
which really seem to happen at random since image #72 (interestingly, not
in the last two images, #84 and #85).

I have summarized my findings in bug #1328605, the most likely explanation
for those random failures is the 0.2.0 landing of Mir in image #72.

I’m not sure where to take it from here.

** test_add_recurring_type_alarm_must_add_to_alarm_list(weekday) failed