Re: Switching audio stack to use pulseaudio droid

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Tomas Öqvist <tomas.oqvist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> I have installed the new pulseaudio module after upgrading to utopic r94 on
> my Nexus 4. My observations so far:
>
> Wired headset working (don't know if this is thx to new pulseaudio module or
> not, but it is the first time I have got the mic working)

Yes, I also fixed 2 annoying issues when landing the new module:
 - Wired headset/headphone should work directly from boot
 - Wired heaset should also work when doing voice calls

> Bluetooth audio from the Music app works with my Logitech Wireless Speaker
> Adapter, but sound stutters for a while initially

This might be a bug in our bluez/pulse stack. Does that also happens
when connecting the same device on your desktop (ubuntu)?

> Phone connects with my Jabra Street2 bluetooth headphones, but BT audio does
> not work

That's interesting, minding running 'pactl list' and giving me the output?

> Phone detects, but won't connect with my BlueAnt ST3 car audio device

Should work once we land the BT changes done by cyphermox (hopefully
later today/tomorrow).

> None of my BT devices work with the phone app

This is expected atm.

> Voice call quality without headset as bad as before

Also expected, will take better look at this issue this week.

Thanks a lot for testing it.

Cheers,

Ricardo

--