Re: whoopsie-upload-all

hi,
Am Montag, den 23.06.2014, 17:54 +0100 schrieb Evan Dandrea:
> On 23 June 2014 13:26, Alan Pope <alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Alexander Sack <asac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> good that you ask this. We don't have that hooked into our process
> >> yet, but are working on this as we speak. We basically have to first
> >> get a view worked into errors.ubuntu.com that allows us to more
> >> effectively use that tracker for touch images.
> >
> > Related:- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/whoopsie/+bug/1332925
> >
> > Whoopsie has never uploaded crash reports as far as I can see. You
> > *have* to manually upload them, at least on mobile.
>
> This hasn't been our experience, but Brian is now looking into the bug
> to find out why this is happening for you.
>
> It is a bit of a moot point as all the stacktraces are corrupt on
> Touch right now. Matthias and Brian have been looking into this as it
> appears to be a low-level bug.

they do not get uploaded simply because we do not have any cron-like
daemon installed ... i plan to seed anacron [1] this week (and
disable/divert the unnecessary /etc/cron.daily entries) for log rotation
etc

with this change whoopsie-upload-all should also run regulary.

ciao
	oli

[1] long term (not RTM) we should develop a daemon that hooks
into /dev/alarm so we do not need an additional cron daemon here but can
abuse the alarm system for the few scheduled bits we need.