Re: Switching audio stack to use pulseaudio droid

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 3:14 AM, David Henningsson
<david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2014-06-23 17:23, Ricardo Salveti de Araujo wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Tomas Öqvist <tomas.oqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ricardo,
>>>
>>> This is the output of pactl list while connected to Jabra and playing a
>>> song:
>>> root@ubuntu-phablet:~# pactl list
>
>    ^^^^
>>>
>>> Connection failure: Connection refused
>
> Try "su phablet" before running pactl list. Otherwise it might want to
> connect to some pulseaudio which is running as root (and the daemon is
> running as phablet user).

Right, please indeed run as phablet (you can use phablet-shell, or adb
shell; sudo -u phablet -i).

>> That's annoying, I got that once but couldn't reproduce it later on.
>> Basically the pulse socket is probably root:root, but the daemon is
>> running as phablet.
>
> This does not seem quite right. PulseAudio shouln't even have the permission
> to create a socket owned by root, if it's running as phablet.

You're correct, but I got this issue while ago that the socket itself
wasn't phablet:phablet (but couldn't reproduce it later on, so it
could be a broken setup).

Ricardo Salveti de Araujo