Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

On 25.06.2014 12:34, Benjamin Zeller wrote:
> Ah I was thinking about network connections not about processes.
> If I have 3 apps using 3 different Push services, I would need 3
> connections right?

There's only one Push service. Your remote service (say an IRC bouncer)
talks to the Ubuntu Push Notifications servers, which route your
messages to the right devices / users. Then they get demultiplexed again
in the local service and dispatched to the right recipient (app, service
etc.).

Check out the doc:
https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/document/d/12_a-V9B_ethmVJPF8vtcY7Hs7kc-VP-OcIwRx5ZPmjI/edit

--