Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 15:10 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.06.2014, 15:00 +0200 schrieb Rasmus Eneman:
> > And media hub have a Spotify backend,  right? And Grooveshark?
>
> no, you were explicitly talking about the playback stopping ...
> to receive the data without interruption from the server you would have
> to use ubuntu-download-manager i suppose ...

 I can't speak for Grooveshark but certainly as far as Spotify is
concerned this isn't an option unfortunately. Spotify only provide a
proprietary library which applications have to use to get access to
songs. This library provides a stream raw audio data which then has to
be handled by the application, as far as I can see the only way to
support this is to either allow applications to run in the background or
add Spotify support to media-hub (which as far as I can see would be
much worse, since you're then letting a proprietary library operate
completely without confinement).

Cheers,
 Mike.