Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 11:55 +0200, Rasmus Eneman wrote:
> Other cases are Spotify and Grooveshark, neither which can use a
> generic service. We already have one Spotify app,  that only plays
> when opened, which means that it is useless.

This is just a bug as a result of them being webapps. Once Oxide (and
thus the browser, and webapp-container) has support for streaming the
audio through the persistent media player backend, then these should
work fine as webapps.

If they were native apps pushing the audio through the backend instead,
it should already work today (ie, the same way the Music app itself
works).