Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

On miércoles 25 de junio de 2014 16h'29:10 ART, Rodney Dawes wrote:
On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 14:44 -0400, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
On 14-06-25 02:11 PM, Rodney Dawes wrote: ...

No. It means the app is running, whether it is in the foreground or
background. It doesn't need to be the current foreground app. Running
apps, the automotive data logging app I linked, etc… continue running
even in the background, to be able to monitor location, log performance
data from BT/ANT+ devices, and perform actions based on location or the
data stream from a connected device.

Please take the time to read the full length of the document I linked to.

In there you will see that most of the stuff is in progress of being implemented; For location you want to tie into the equivalent of the location service and tell it to wake up every x distance; similarly done for other services.

iOS does kill your app (as described in the documentation) and the user has the illusion of it still running thanks to the provided services.