Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 14:36 +0200, Michael Zanetti wrote:
> I'd also be fine if this question only pops up if the user has qualified as
> power user (e.g. a setting to enable this advanced stuff) and just decline it
> automatically for non tech savvy people.

This won't work. Any setting which is "let me do more stuff" will
consistently be enabled by users, even when they have no idea what to do
with the extra stuff. Power user settings have been shown in usability
studies to be a bad choice. If we need settings, we're doing it wrong.