Re: Background services: a problem that we need to face

On 25 June 2014 20:44, Marc Deslauriers <marc.deslauriers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 14-06-25 02:11 PM, Rodney Dawes wrote:
>> On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 13:23 -0400, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

>>> The problem is once you allow the torrent app to do that, you then allow every
>>> other app, including the flashlight apps to do it too.
>>
>> Well a torrent app falls under the supported case of long-running
>> background tasks on iOS, so it's certainly feasible and acceptable to
>> write a torrent app on iOS.
>
> No, it's not feasible at the moment to write a torrent app for iOS that runs in
> the background without jailbreaking it.

Does that mean you will have to jailbreak an Ubuntu device when you
want to run an app for which there is no blessed system helper?

Or in other words that you are building a jail for the user out of
which they do have to break on the iOS you take as the model to
follow?

Thanks

Michal