Re: Landing team 26.06.14

On 27/06/14 16:53, Julien Funk wrote:
> Hey team, the justification of disabling a test being "the proper fix is
> ... but that's a lot more work", doesn't seem appropriate, regardless of
> the time crunch we're seeing.  Has someone consulted QA about the disabled
> test in question?  I have Leo and Brendan looking into it now, should hear
> from them soon.  Perhaps we can work together on a real process for
> disabling tests as this seems to have been an ad hoc decision.

The risk here is that this disabling gets forgotten about. From what I
understand so far, this sqlite regression does actually cause a real
potentially user facing issue in mediascanner, so why are we letting
that slide? Have other options been considered such as reverting sqlite?
At a very minimum, as Julien suggests we should make sure that we keep
track of such disabled tests and ensure that a real fix is identified
that allows us to re-enable them as soon as possible.