Landing QtCompositor plugged into Mir

Hi all,
First, thanks for reading & please consider participating in this testing.
We've had the experience recently of having lower than desired
participation in significant changes (split greeter anyone? :). We want to
be systematic & only want to land QtCompositor plugged into Mir (QtComp for
short) in the instance we're confident. This call for testing is a vehicle
to help us do just that.

Background...
For some time now, the Mir & Unity UI team has been working on enabling the
shell to plugin its own compositor as well as progressing on some of the
advanced ui features that will leverage it. This will be used to support
several key RTM features such as animations of applications in trusted
sessions, moving to dash-as-app, and better handling of killed app ui shots
in spread. As well as rotation, "splitstage" and other spread/sidestage
animations. However, this landing is really to deliver QtComp with as much
feature parity as possible, while leaving the more advanced features turned
off as not to inject risk (for instance, we've got rotation almost fully
working, but we want to keep that a separate landing-effort).

The plan...
Bear with me, duration of TRAINCON-0 might alter some of this.
We are currently landing Mir0.4.0, once this happens we will move to have a
ci-train silo for testing, target to have this by Friday July4 (altho
possibly sooner).
I will send a follow up mail when the silo is prepared (...I've sent this
mail early so you can plan :) Given the nature of the change, we plan for
the silo to be under test for a full week at a minimum.
If you're willing to test, please follow the guidelines here
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Unity8/QtComp
This wiki will continue to be updated through closure of the call for
testing.
We will land when we are finished testing and we are in a confident,
non-regressed state on Ubuntu Phone.

Feedback...
In order to get a feel for the response, if you do test, please take time
to add your name & mark which platform here
https://docs.google.com/a/canonical.com/spreadsheets/d/1QcZOt9x_rY1m5d4NmmQ3FUjcWHKVoesMUv65Hm9VUK8
Note, the sheet is only to track participation, not bug tracking, please
use bugs when appropriate, per the instructions in the wiki.

br,kg

Follow ups