Re: Landing team 02.07.14

On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Olivier Tilloy <olivier.tilloy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> wrote:

> ** Webbrowser-app multiple unreliable test failures
>> [Time counter: 3/7]
>>  -> The webbrowser tests are again failing since some images, not
>> reproducible locally... a big mystery, and now happening less frequently
>> even.
>>

> On the latest smoke test run on mako (
> http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/110:20140702.2:20140625/8838/),
> there are 5 failures, all due to the toolbar not opening correctly. The
> webbrowser-app AP tests use the standard UITK emulator to interact with the
> toolbar, and nothing in the code that instantiates the toolbar and the
> chrome has changed for ages. So I’d say it’s either a regression in the
> UITK, or an issue somewhere else in the stack.
>
> Note that the failures are observed on mako only (flo and manta all pass),
> and only in smoke test runs, never reproducible locally.

Tracked by https://bugs.launchpad.net/webbrowser-app/+bug/1337284.
The issue is with the app sometimes starting in landscape mode, even though
the test devices are lying on a flat surface. Could be something with the
orientation sensor’s sensitivity.

Autopilot tests fail in landscape orientation because the shell doesn’t
rotate the edges, thus a bottom edge gesture triggers a right/left edge
action. This issue has existed since the beginning.