Landing team 04.07.14

Hello everyone!

We know how everyone loves Friday releases: that's exactly why we have
just promoted a new image today! #113 should now be available in the
devel channel ready for your enjoyment.

What changes can be expected? Please check out our commitlogs for more
details, but here is a brief overview:
 - Adjustments to the location-service bits
 - Customizable alarms
 - Mir 0.4.0 display stack
 - Switch to the suru theme (e.g. new icons!)
 - Additions for MMS support in messaging-app
 - Emergency-call mode support in the dialer-app
 - Many many other fixes and enhancements

Please enjoy and do not forget about filling out bugs for any issues
encountered.

Smoketesting quality-wise we're getting better and better with every
image, with most of the problems that we were encountering have been
fixed already. The webbrowser-app flakyness we've been seeing might also
be fixed, as there really seems to be something funny going on in the
orientation sensor code. Ricardo has this on his radar and we're also
hoping that fixing this might also fix some of the other rare test
failures we've been seeing.
A green image is finally in our grasp it seems!

For today we have temporarily whitelisted the UITK test failure, as the
fix is ready in the staging branch. We don't want to hasten the SDK team
as they're still working on getting the new UITK landing regression-free.

For landers: the CI Train had some changes added in the last few days,
such as blocking on missing -gles counterparts for certain packages or
the re-addition of the 'Approved by:' line in CI Train commits to
project trunks. More are on the way. Hope it helps out!

Have a nice weekend everyone!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/113.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#113 mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/113:20140704:20140625/8860/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Blocking issues:

** test_get_unity_top_container failed on mako#89
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ui-toolkit/+bug/1332162
[PROMOTION BLOCKER] [Time counter 9/7]
 -> Fix merged in staging, still waiting for release... Temporarily
whitelisted for this one release as the fix is waiting for a proper release

* Known issues:

** Keyboard takes approximately 45 second to appear after the welcome
screen run
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-keyboard/+bug/1335917
 -> maliit-server needs to be restarted manually after the wizard
finishes - thanks for the update Bill! Not a blocker

** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtp/+bug/1317263
 -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days

** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
 -> Caused by some race condition, rarely reproducible, whitelisted from
the blocker list by QA

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states (Mathieu)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
blocker as it is with us already since some time. Mathieu is working on it.

* Issues not impacting user experience

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 17/7 - Whitelisted]
 -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.

** Webbrowser-app multiple unreliable test failures
[Time counter: 5/7]
 -> These failures might be caused by the application starting in
landscape invalidly, probably because of some problems with orientation
support.

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak