Re: Are the web-container API changed?

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM, Nathan Haines <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 07/07/2014 06:17 AM, Alexandre Abreu wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> nothing changed in this area,
>>
>> which UbuntuTouch image are you using?
>>

> I get the exact same error on r113.
>
> phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ webapp-container --enable-back-forward
> --webappUrlPatterns=https?://miiverse.nintendo.net/*
> https://miiverse.nintendo.net/
> webapp-container: unrecognized option '--enable-back-forward'
> webapp-container: unrecognized option '--webappUrlPatterns=https?://
> miiverse.nintendo.net/*'
> QUbuntu: Could not create application instance
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> On my desktop running 14.04 LTS, oxide launches and displays the page.

As I said in another response in this thread, the "unrecognized option"
error messages are misleading and can be safely ignored.

The abort you’re getting is because apps are not meant to be launched this
way on Ubuntu Touch. If you really want to launch it from the command line
(you should probably use the SDK that allows you to launch the app on a
connected device with one click), try adding a --desktop_file_hint=
parameter to your command line, e.g.:

webapp-container
--desktop_file_hint=/usr/share/applications/webbrowser-app.desktop
--enable-back-forward --webappUrlPatterns=https?://miiverse.nintendo.net/*
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/

Beware, do not add that to the exec command in your desktop file though,
this is unnecessary and will confuse unity8 into thinking that the browser
app is running.

HTH,

 Olivier