Re: Are the web-container API changed?

On 07/07/2014 08:02 AM, Olivier Tilloy wrote:
(cc’ing again the list, as this information might be useful to others)

Thanks--apparently my phone didn't send to the list.

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Nathan Haines <nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:nhaines@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Oh, I assumed that the core dump was from the command line
    execution, but it was the easiest way for me to get the error messages.

    In any case, the app refuses to run at all when installed as a click
    app.

Can you share the code to your app, so someone else can try it out and
advise?

Code is here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~nhaines/+junk/nintendo-miiverse

    I suppose I'm curious as to why webapp-container is lying about
    recognizing the options.

It’s not lying about the recognized options, as I said the error message
is misleading and can be safely ignored.

Well, it says it doesn't recognize the options. This leads me to believe that it doesn't recognize the options.

You say this error message is misleading. That seems to imply that it does recognize the options.

If it does recognize the options but says that it doesn't, then webapp-container is lying. This is very concerning and should be addressed (and I am happy to file the bug report myself).

If it doesn't recognize the options then there's a very, very serious error with the SDK documentation. I can file a bug report on that, too, if that is the case.

Either way, it seems that the behavior has changed between trusty and utopic, and if that wasn't intended then that's a bug (and I'd be happy to file that one as well).

For now, I'll be happy to figure out what's going on so that I know which are valid bugs and which aren't.

--
Nathan Haines
Ubuntu - http://www.ubuntu.com/