Re: Building in an arm chroot with Qt Creator

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The docs contain the fact you need to be cmake as part of the building section, but it could have easily been missed. Does this need to be more explicit?

It also appears after the place where I got stuck ("For an existing project:"), so I never read that section carefully. ("Cut the red wire. But first...")

In any event, people don't read the directions. And when they do, they assume the rules don't apply to them. So adding a more descriptive error message to Qt Creator ("You cannot use this kit because you are not using CMake.") is the best solution, in my opinion.

Robert