Re: Status update: Planned changes to the developer mode/adb access

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 12:20:56AM +0200, Alexander Sack wrote:

> >> Sure, you enable a password/PIN on the lock screen.

> > I may be misunderstanding; does this imply that one must enable
> > password-based unlock on the screen in order to have password-based sudo
> > over adb?  I would not like to have to password unlock my phone for each
> > use, but would like sudo to work - the two use cases are obviously (to me)
> > not equivalent.

> Yes, my understanding is that you have to unlock your phone on screen
> in order to adb shell into it.

Right, but that wasn't my question.  I don't want to use a password to
unlock my phone screen.  I *do* want a password for sudo use over adb.  Is
this supported, or not?

slangasek@xxxxxxxxxx                                     vorlon@xxxxxxxxxx