Application crash on utopic but not trusty

Hi all,

I've got a rather puzzling bug, and I'm out of ideas to attack it. Maybe someone here can offer some help. The full details are here https://github.com/rschroll/beru/issues/52; I'll try to summarize the important details below.

Beru is a QML application that contains several compiled modules. The most recent version, 0.9.6, was compiled back in January on a saucy chroot. The reporter found it to be working on trusty r303. Upon upgrading to utopic r113, he found Beru would reliably crash the first time it tried to read information about an Epub file (using one of these compiled modules). There are no logs in /var/crash.

I've recompiled Beru in a brand-new utopic chroot. That version fails in an identical manner. I have been unable to get a utopic emulator past the setup pages, so I am unable to reproduce the issue.

Any ideas on what's going wrong or how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks,
Robert

Follow ups