Re: Status update: Planned changes to the developer mode/adb access

hi,
Am Montag, den 07.07.2014, 15:14 -0700 schrieb Steve Langasek:
> Hi Marc,

> > > I assume with this you cannot change the password after the fact
> > > without wiping the user data on the device?
>
> > Sure, you enable a password/PIN on the lock screen.
>
> I may be misunderstanding; does this imply that one must enable
> password-based unlock on the screen in order to have password-based sudo
> over adb?  I would not like to have to password unlock my phone for each
> use, but would like sudo to work - the two use cases are obviously (to me)
> not equivalent.

for RTM only password or number-combination based unlocking will be
available (no "pattern-drawing" or the like which could not be
represented by a password in the password file) ... so for both these
cases we will be using the normal password DB and your sudo pw will be
the same as the UI PW/number-combo.

ciao
	oli