Re: Status update: Planned changes to the developer mode/adb access

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 08.07.2014, 09:02 -0700 schrieb Steve Langasek:

> > for RTM only password or number-combination based unlocking will be
> > available (no "pattern-drawing" or the like which could not be
> > represented by a password in the password file) ... so for both these
> > cases we will be using the normal password DB and your sudo pw will be
> > the same as the UI PW/number-combo.
>
> For the record, there's no reason that an Android-style pattern-drawing
> unlock would be represented as anything other than a PIN on the backend.
>
> I understand that for RTM we may be short on time to implement anything
> else, but I strongly believe that PINs should be distinct from passwords
> that give you root access.

well, personally i would have liked to not use the password database at
all for screen unlocking and keep the /etc/shadow password exclusively
for sudo to not mix and mesh.
but that is not what our design currently provides ... i think we should
re-discuss this at the next UOS ...

ciao
	oli