Landing team 08.07.14

Hi everyone!

We have promoted image #119! This particular one made us all very very
happy - it includes the orientation sensor fix which basically fixes
many of our flaky autopilot failures we've been experiencing. And
because of that, #119 was actually one of the best-test-wise image we
had in utopic, ending up with only 2 known failures - one already fixed
in the archive. There are some crashes that we are investigating, but
none of them are of any threat to end-users. If things continue this way
we might have a 100% green image even this week.

But even though we are currently very optimistic about that, we should
actually ready ourselves just in case as a new Ubuntu UI Toolkit has
landed in the archive today. As with all big landings like this there is
always risk of regressions. But this release has been throughly tested
so we should be safe - at least we hope.

This UITK landing also fixes one of the failures we're seeing in
smoketesting, so we have removed it from the list. Yay!

Anyway, what to expect after upgrading to image #119?
- Added contacts sharing in address-book-app
- Design changes to the application scope
- Fixes to the orientation sensor
- New empty tab page for webbrowser (display bookmarks)
- Many other improvements and fixes (please see commitlogs below)

Last thing regarding our 'road to a green image'... Alan (popey)
actually promised us that if we get a completely green smoketesting-wise
image till next week then he will actually PRINT the dashboard on a
shirt and WEAR it daily - even promising a selfie picture in it (shot
with Ubuntu Touch) as proof! Who wouldn't want to see that! Let's work
hard everyone ;)

The standard list:

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/116.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/115.commitlog
- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/114.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

#119 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/119:20140708.1:20140708/8936/
#118 mako
- http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/118:20140708:20140708/8923/
#117 mako
-
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/mako/117:20140707.1:20140625/8914/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Blocking issues:

None.

* Known issues:

** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtp/+bug/1317263
 -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days

** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
 -> Caused by some race condition, rarely reproducible, whitelisted from
the blocker list by QA

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states (Mathieu)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> We had notice that this problem is still around... not a promotion
blocker as it is with us already since some time. Mathieu is working on it.

* Issues not impacting user experience

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 19/7 - Whitelisted]
 -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.

** indicator-location crashing during default, sdk and click_image_tests
tests on smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-location/+bug/1338610
[Time counter 2/7]
 -> Charles is looking into this one