Re: QtWebKit WebViews appear black on i386 emulator

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Robert Schroll <rschroll@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm running r113 on an i386 emulator.  It seems to be working pretty well,
> but all QtWebKit WebViews appear solid black.  This means that HTML5 apps
> are broken, as are the parts of QML apps that rely on these WebViews.
>  Oxide WebViews, however, are displayed just fine.  I assume this is a
> problem with the emulator and/or my system.  Perhaps it's an OpenGL issue?

Likely.

Has anyone else seen something similar?  Any suggestions of solutions to
> try?

This was reported on Monday by dpm (not sure whether there is a bug report
to track the issue already though, feel free to file one at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-html5-theme/+filebug). Unfortunately the
HTML5 container on Ubuntu Touch hasn’t migrated to oxide yet, but this is
being worked on.

QtWebKit is not something we can afford to support along with Oxide, so
let’s hope we can update the HTML5 container very soon.

HTH,

 Olivier