Re: Status update: Planned changes to the developer mode/adb access

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 08.07.2014, 14:57 +0200 schrieb Oliver Grawert:
> hi,
> Am Montag, den 07.07.2014, 12:43 +0200 schrieb Oliver Grawert:
>
> > 3) on request of the security team it should not be possible to enable
> > adb access if there is no password or the default password set for the
> > phablet user so that there is no predictable sudo password that is
> > identical on all devices. there are still a few blockers that prevent us
> > from finishing this bit (more on that below).
>
> a binary package with this functionality implemented can be found at [1]
> now in case anyone is fancy testing it (note you might lock you out,
> make sure to have the terminal app available)
>
> the adbd service now checks if the password is either unset or matches
> the username (our default at image creation time) and if either applies
> it will exit ... you can check this
> in /var/log/upstart/android-tools-adbd.log

this got now updated with the finalized code as it will land in the
image soon (it won't try to respawn adbd if the password checking fails
and will also fail password checking if the pw has been locked with
"passwd -l")

ciao
	oli