Landing team 10.07.14

Hi everyone,

We seem to have hit a rather serious issue today that resulted in not
being able to get proper smoketesting test results for the recently
built image (#123). Bug #1340217 [1] causes the network being
unavailable on first boot, most probably introduced by the recent
urfkill landing. The upstream developers are working on the fix right
now, but if the issue will still persist tomorrow in the morning (UTC)
we will have to resort to a revert of the offending release.

Because of this we couldn't really consider any promotions, as we didn't
have reliable test results. Also, if this continues till tomorrow, we
will enter a forceful TRAINCON-0 until smoketesting is up and back
again. Only because of the current overall low velocity of landings
today we didn't decide on this step just yet.

So please do not consider upgrade to #123 for now.

But if this gets resolved and dogfooding-wise we'll look feasible, we
might have a promotion really soon - especially that our yesterday's
blocker issue has a fix in the works. Today we have also landed some
fixes that might improve our test situation even more, getting us closer
to a green image.

Let's see tomorrow!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/

- http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/123.commitlog

* Smoke-testing results:
http://ci.ubuntu.com/smokeng/utopic/touch/

* Some useful documentation:
(Still under development)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/ComponentSupportList
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingTeam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/FAQ

* Blocking issues:

** Device locks randomly on welcome screen
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1339700
 -> Serious issue! Fixes in the works, might see those in a silo soon

** [1] [mako] wlan0 state 'unavailable' after flashing
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/1340217
 -> Worked on currently, serious issue - we might revert urfkill if this
doesn't get fixed for tomorrow

* Known issues:

** mtp-server crash when transferring music on #15
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mtp/+bug/1317263
 -> Very old bug but gains on importance in the upcoming days

** Ringer only ringing once after upgrade to u94
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1334248
 -> Caused by some race condition, rarely reproducible, whitelisted from
the blocker list by QA

** Wrong WWAN value in saved-states
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/urfkill/+bug/1321627
 -> Was supposed to be fixed, but the new regression has interfered -
related to [1]

* Issues not impacting user experience

** Network indicator crash during dialer-app and messaging-app
smoketesting (Antti)
[Time counter 21/7 - Whitelisted]
 -> The crash will never happen in a normal environment, so we decided
to whitelist the problem. But a fix is in the works nevertheless.

** indicator-location crashing during default, sdk and click_image_tests
tests on smoketesting
https://bugs.launchpad.net/indicator-location/+bug/1338610
[Time counter 4/7]
 -> Charles is looking into this one

** unity8 crashed with SIGSEGV in
mir::frontend::ClientBufferTracker::client_has()
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1339610
[Time counter 2/7]
 -> This problem has caused some rare test failures in smoketesting,
rarely reproducible it seems

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak