Re: Ubuntu in Phone - Moto ?

Hello,
If you want to see an ubuntu phone for those devices, the best way is to
do it yourself. Really.
The people there are already hard working on many other things, and a
port for a phone will not appear just because it appeared.
It's a very long and hard work to port ubuntu on a specific device,
because it's very often that you will have to write some drivers, the 3G
modem will not be working unless you write the driver, so it takes many
time.
I hope we will be able, here at ubuntu-fr, to make a project proposition
in the nearest months to solve this problem of having only a few devices
really supported, but I can't tell you anything more, it will be a
surprise (if we can make this project and if we have enough
money/support for that).

If you want to choose a device on whose ubuntu is running, take a look
here : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices
And if you want to try to make a port on one of the devices you listed
above, see this: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Porting

And remember, the only officially supported device is the Nexus4 (it is
the only supported phone, and the nexus7 and 10 are the only supported
tablets).
(When I'm talking about the supported devices, it's about the official
supported devices, you may notice there are also many unofficial
supported devices).

--
Jean-Marc Gailis
Jānis-Marks Gailis