Re: Landing team 10.07.14

* Chris Johnston <chrisjohnston@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > We seem to have hit a rather serious issue today that
> > resulted in not being able to get proper smoketesting test
> > results for the recently built image (#123). Bug #1340217 [1]
> > causes the network being unavailable on first boot, most
> > probably introduced by the recent urfkill landing. The
> > upstream developers are working on the fix right now, but if
> > the issue will still persist tomorrow in the morning (UTC) we
> > will have to resort to a revert of the offending release.
>
> Image #124 has been kicked off which should contain the fix for this.

Image #124 results are interesting.  The network functioned on
first boot though, so I suspect that issue may be fixed.

Also, new to me, are a fix fixes:

  - Airplane mode works!
  - The app scope no longer lists apps in pseudo-random order;
    seems alphabetical now.
  - The alarm ringtone no longer sounds like a phone.  :)
  - The location indicator checkboxes stay checked now.

I noticed a few issues, too.  I'm not sure if any of these are
known, but I'd love to hear if anyone has seen them before:

  - In the SMS app, tapping on a URL no longer does anything.
    (well, it vibrates a little, but that's all)

  - On first boot, music and video scopes didn't show any local
    files, and the music player claimed there was no music.  I
    think the MTP server crashed during first boot and didn't
    recover.  This might be related to my image-flashing script
    pushing files to the device during the first boot, but I've
    never seen it not list the files before.

  - The gallery app now shows videos, but it doesn't play them
    very well.  Videos tend to lock up or go black or crash the
    app.

  - The gallery app doesn't notice new camera images without an
    app restart, if the MTP server has crashed.

  - Alarms are...  not so good.  They play, but the 'show' button
    doesn't start the clock app and neither the 'dismiss' nor
    'show' buttons cause the alarm sound to stop.  And then the
    alarm triggers again just a few seconds later, and keeps
    doing so for a full minute.  One attempt to 'show' an alarm
    seems to have locked up unity and caused it to restart, but
    this could have been the known welcome screen issue.  Also,
    attempting to delete an alarm caused the clock app to close.

  - In the music player, attempting to seek within a song just
    makes it skip to the next song.  This used to work.

And some old issues which still aren't fixed:

  - The launcher still pops under the keyboard.

  - The scope background is still hard-coded.

  - The gallery app can only zoom to two levels, and a pinch
    gesture doesn't un-zoom.

  - Pictures taken with flash are still sometimes very
    underexposed.

-- Selene